Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Music Memories - Wish You Were Here

The problem in life is that we don't have background music. But can we? I have one right now.
Playing in the background is a cover of Wish You Were Here By Pink Floyd. Here:
Go ahead, let it play and read further.

I remember the first time I picked up the guitar. I just wanted to play a Jal (The Band) song. It meant everything back then. The hurt my fingers felt was inspirational. The more I felt pain, the more I wanted to play. It was like a constant battle between my pain and my wish to play.

Times passed and I have played a lot of songs, over a thousand maybe. But there are songs that sweep you off your feet. You want to take a moment to absorb it, you want to sit back and go into a different world. This song has never failed to do that for me. I wish I could just see David Gilmour coming up with that riff and humming on that. And maybe Roger Waters coming up with the lyrics. It's heavenly, it's a lifetime success to be able to create something as magical.

Lot of people would not get it. It's just a song, right? But it's not.
It's a lifestyle, it's a choice, it's love, it's mistake, it's everything we do in life.

I hope there comes a time, people don't abuse music for fame and money. It's more precious, let it be clean. Let it be a symbol of purity and you will see how it will mend your soul.


I often tell people:
"I wish you could listen to the music in my ears, our hearts would do the rest."


No comments:

Post a Comment